Velocity Members will soon be able redeem their Points for reward seats in Virgin Blue’s recently revealed business class. With market leading Points pricing there will be even more ways to be rewarded.
In a first for Virgin Blue, the airline will now offer business class on our domestic network, with two new Airbus 330 aircraft travelling between Sydney and Perth starting in May this year, providing a three times daily service from June.
Our Chief Executive and Managing Director John Borghetti said: “Our new designer business and economy class product marks another step forward, and aims to position Virgin Blue as the airline of choice for both the corporate and the leisure markets.”
Creative Director Hans Hulsbosch said the inspiration for the ultra-modern aircraft was to provide guests with a luxury experience of relaxation, comfort and excellence in service.
“The seating and experience of this aircraft has been designed to say contemporary quality, with luxury leather padded seating that feels as though you are driving a luxury sports car,” Mr Hulsbosch said. “The aircraft is stunning in its visual appeal, with a very modern simplistic look that creates more space in the aircraft.”
Features of the Airbus 330 service and aircraft:
- The first two Airbus 330s will be used on the Sydney-Perth-Sydney route and provide a three times daily service
- Business class and economy configuration
- 62 inch seat pitch in business class and luxury leather seating
- Seatback multi-channel in-flight entertainment
- Range of high quality food options
- Coming soon – Redeem Velocity Points for reward seats in business class