David Jones Gift Card Terms and Conditions
Gift cards are treated as cash and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Cards may only be used for purchases in David Jones stores and cannot be returned or exchanged for cash or used to pay any David Jones branded credit card account or other credit card accounts. The funds available will be verified on request or at time of purchase at any David Jones register. No change is given and any balance that remains on the card can only be used in whole or part against future purchases in David Jones stores. Cards expire 24 months after purchase. Any balance that remains on the card after expiry will not be available for use.
Velocity Rewards “$5000 David Jones Shopping Experience” Promotion Conditions of Entry:
1. Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the Velocity Rewards “$5000 David Jones Shopping Experience” Promotion (the “Promotion”) form part of these Conditions of Entry. Any entry not complying with these Conditions of Entry is invalid. Entry into this Promotion and the acceptance or receipt of the prize by the winner is deemed as acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. The Promoter is Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd (ABN 98 116 089 448) of 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills QLD 4006 Telephone 02 8903 7002 (the “Promoter”).
3. The Promotion commences at 00.01(AEDST) on 15 March 2011 and closes at 23.59 (AEST) on 30 April 2011 (the “Promotion Period”).
4. Entry into the Promotion is open to individuals who satisfy the following eligibility requirements (“Eligibility Requirements”): • The person must be over the age of 18 years and a resident of Australia; • The person must have a valid Velocity Rewards Membership account which enables them to participate in the Velocity Rewards Awards Program at the time of the draw.
5. To enter, you must satisfy the Eligibility Requirements, and, during the Promotion Period, redeem your Velocity Rewards points for any David Jones Gift Card of any denomination via the Velocity Rewards Program. Redemptions can be made via the Shop Velocity Rewards website (accessible through the Velocity Rewards Website) or through a customer service representative by dialing 13 18 75 and following the prompts.
6. Entrants will receive one (1) entry in the draw for each David Jones Gift Card redemption. Redemption cards are available in denominations of $50, $100, $250, $500 and $1,000. This needs to be made via the Shop Velocity Rewards website, https://shop.velocityrewards.com.au/Pages/SOR/Browse.aspx?CategoryCode=DEPTSTORE, during the promotion period.
7. The draw will be conducted by a computerized drawing system at 15.00 AEST on 06 May 2011 by a representative of Anisimoff Legal, Suite 1, Level 1, 34 Chandos Street, St Leonards, NSW 2065. Winner will be notified in writing within two (2) days of the draw.
8. The first valid entry drawn will win a $5000 David Jones Gift Card. The card, once activated, may only be used to purchase goods in David Jones stores. The card cannot be exchanged for cash or other vouchers or used to settle David Jones Card Accounts. When the card is used for a purchase, the balance will appear on the receipt. No change will be given and any balance that remains on the card can only be used in whole or part against future purchases in David Jones stores. Card expires 24 months from date of issue. Any balance that remains on the card after expiry will not be available for use. This card is transferable.
9. Any costs associated with redeeming the David Jones Gift Card are not included. Redemption of the David Jones Gift Card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the David Jones Gift Card and as set out in clause 8 above.
10. The total prize value is AUD$5,000 based on the recommended retail value provided by the supplier and is correct at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
11. By acceptance or receipt of a prize by the winner, the winner agrees to the name of the winner being published in the public notices section of The Australian newspaper on 20 May 2011.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter will arrange for delivery of the prize within Australia, after the selection of the winning entry, by mutual agreement with the winner.
13. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize listed. If the prize is unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute for that prize or item for a prize or item of an equivalent value and/or specifications subject to any written directions given under applicable trade promotion laws and regulations.
14. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the winner does not take the prize at the time agreed by the Promoter then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner demonstrates their eligibility for the prize as a condition of receipt of a prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
16. If the winner fails to claim their prize by 15.00 (AEST) on 06 August 2011 , the Promoter may conduct a further prize draw on 8 August 2011 at the same time and place of the original draw subject to any written directions given under applicable trade promotion laws and regulations. By acceptance or receipt of the prize by the winner, the winner agrees to the name of the winner being published in the public notices section of The Australian newspaper on the 22 August 2011.
17. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned (including, but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may take any action that may be available including but not limited to, cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion, as appropriate, subject to any written directions given under applicable trade promotion laws and regulations. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
18. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is dependent on the Internet Service Provider used and is the responsibility of the entrant.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof (including, but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this Promotion.
21. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its related entitles and its and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, excludes all liability (including negligence) for any: a. loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct, indirect, special or consequential, financial or other loss); b. personal injury suffered or sustained; c. technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); d. variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; e. theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; or f. tax liability incurred by a winner or entrants. In connection with participation in the Promotion or the receipt or use of the prize by the Winner.
22. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/11/1592
ACT Permit No. TP11/706